Website CAC_Community Climate Action Center
The consensus is clear that Climate Change driven by an accumulation of greenhouse gasses (GHG) in the atmosphere is an existential threat to the entire planet. The Climate Action Center is dedicated to accelerating solutions to reduce GHG emissions and prepare communities across the world for the impacts of Climate Change. We do this by applying advanced Digital Engineering techniques and digital modeling to accelerate, de-risk and improve the outcomes of complex projects being undertaken by government and private sector organizations. Moreover, we are building a global knowledge sharing network that enables organizations to freely share their Climate Change solutions by making our models free and open-source to ensure their widest possible reuse.
Do you want to be a part of our dynamic team that is working to solve world-class problems using advanced technology? We provide you the opportunities, resources and guidance if you are passionate, focused and dedicated to the mission.
As the CAC’s Operations Manager, you will:
- Ensure smooth operation of the CAC and ensure that we are able to reach our goals using appropriate tooling, processes and both physical and virtual environments (e.g. office space & online collaboration tools)
- Manage the CAC’s financial accounts (accounts payable, accounts receivable, managing bank accounts, etc.)
- All basic HR functions (recruiting, staff assessment, etc.)
- Maintain the CAC social media presence, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and our own Website hosted in WordPress
- Edit documents (working language is English)
- Planning and execution of meetings and events
- … and any other duties required to keep the organization operating smoothly
To promote further acceleration and de-risking of Climate Change related projects, the Climate Action Center offers an inclusive work environment that supports diversity, out-of-the box thinking, calculated risk-taking and people that do not fear disrupting normal ways of working in order to achieve 10x gains in effectiveness (think SpaceX).
Our culture also promotes:
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentoring and mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Experience with accounting and finance for running a small business
- Knowledge of online tools including social media platforms
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational ability
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience managing other staff members (raising children qualifies as “managing other staff members”)
- Ability to create online content without significant supervision or guidance
- Specific knowledge of one or more online accounting software packages
- Past experience organizing events
- Understanding of Climate Change including both its causes and anticipated impacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years of experience
Experienced Professional desired, recent graduates also invited to apply
The Climate Action Center is a pre-revenue / high-impact startup. Launching the organization will require a staff of three to four people who are willing to volunteer a minimum of two days per week with no pay but with the ability to earn equity in the company for time worked. As soon as we secure a paying launching customer, investment or a government grant, we will convert volunteer staff to paid staff. At the moment, we cannot anticipate an exact date for this, although we expect to reach one of these milestones in early 2022. If you join in this capacity, you will be officially designated as a “Founder” of the Climate Action Center.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org