NOTE: This is a placeholder for a job that will be opened in the future.
The consensus is clear that Climate Change driven by an accumulation of greenhouse gasses (GHG) in the atmosphere is an existential threat to the entire planet. The Climate Action Center is dedicated to accelerating solutions to reduce GHG emissions and prepare communities across the world for the impacts of Climate Change. We do this by applying advanced Digital Engineering techniques and digital modeling to accelerate, de-risk and improve the outcomes of complex projects being undertaken by government and private sector organizations. Moreover, we are building a global knowledge sharing network that enables organizations to freely share their Climate Change solutions by making our models free and open-source to ensure their widest possible reuse.
Do you want to be a part of our dynamic team that is working to solve world-class problems using advanced technology? We provide you the opportunities, resources and guidance if you are passionate, focused and dedicated to the mission.
As a Digital Engineering / Concurrent Design Facility Manager, you will:
- Be a key member on the design / build team of our planned state-of-the art Digital Engineering facility located in The Hague, Netherlands
- Be the lead for customer acceptance of the facility once the contractors have completed their work. This requires the ability to ensure that the facility complies to all health and safety regulations, that the facility is both “fit for use” and “fit for purpose”, that all requirements set forth in design specifications have been met or exceeded and other acceptance criteria to be determined
- Be responsible for all aspects of the operation of the facility once it is in-service including scheduling of Digital Engineering sessions, performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance (or ensuring such maintenance is performed by appropriately skilled experts), physical security of the facility, maintenance of an appropriate inventory of spare parts, and other duties required to ensure maximum availability of the facility for end-users
- Act as a consultant in the design / build of other facilities located either in the Netherlands or abroad
- Constantly improve all our processes and procedures. We believe there is nothing we cannot improve
- Assist & manage relationships with external vendors & contractors
- Create and maintain metrics on all aspects of our facility and utilize those metrics to drive positive changes
- Implement service methodologies including incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management, etc.
- Conduct facility tours and support Digital Engineering training sessions
- On occasion, be able to act as an alternate “decision engineer” during Digital Engineering sessions which involves ensuring that the session runs smoothly, that the required content for decision makers is available when and where it is needed, and that vital decisions made during the session are appropriately documented
To promote further acceleration and de-risking of Climate Change related projects, the Climate Action Center offers an inclusive work environment that supports diversity, out-of-the box thinking, calculated risk-taking and people that do not fear disrupting normal ways of working in order to achieve 10x gains in effectiveness (think SpaceX).
Our culture also promotes:
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentoring and mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Experience in Facility Management
- Experience with both the operation and maintenance of complex audio-visual systems
- A moderate to high-level understanding of digital networks both for local and wide-area use
- Experience with facility scheduling, including ensuring that maintenance can take place in the facility during periods of low facility utilization
- Experience in the development, documentation and implementation of processes and procedures relevant to facility operations
- Experience with facility scheduling software
- Experience with VTC equipment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (for both hardware and software)
- Experience with IBM DOORS
- Demonstrated behaviors of an operations thinker; plans ahead to avoid last-minute changes, considers multiple contingencies to ensure continuity of operations in the face of unknown challenges, etc.
- Appreciation of Climate Change including both its causes, its anticipated impacts and approaches for reducing it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
Mid-level Professional desired, recent university graduates also invited to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com